Saturday, August 28, 2010

IPODLVR

Mr. White
I love movies, I can literally watch five a day and still want more. I'm well versed in the world of cinema from obscure foreign films (Le Mustache) to independent and the occasional blacksploitation comedy (Black Dynomite). You could call me a movie snob and I wouldn't even slap you. But you know what? I don't fucking waste my money at the nearest car detailing shop and have the boys paint my vehicle up with pictures of Harrison Ford, bull-whip in hand being chased by Nazis. I don't waste my money on stupid ass license plates proclaiming my admiration for Zach Snyder (Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead, Suckerpunch). Even though I love movies, you will never see me participating in those types of pointless, self indulgent acts of stupidity. But pay close attention and you'll find such hair-brained behavior running rampant with in-bread abandon. Yeah, Bakersfield, I'm talking to you.

Why is there this need for such dumbassery? Why do you tards feel the need to tell me that redneck girls are buck wild on the back of your minivans? This is what twittard is for.

It seems the world is the retards Facebook. It will only be a matter of time before people walk around with electronic t-shirts telling me how good their cob salad was. God I hope i didn't just give someone an idea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Black
It's not just Bakersfield unfortunately. I am the one who witnessed the inspiration for the title of this post: IPODLVR.

I'd really like to talk to this guy. Not only is he driving a Prius, but he took the time and spent the money to make sure he was the IPODLUVR in case the owner of that title was in dispute somehow. Of all the goddamn things to love, why an ipod? I think that's what frustrates me the most. If it would have been something more broad I would have been fine with it. Music, or hell even APPLELUVR would have been better...although people may just think he enjoyed the fruit, so I'm willing to bet he came to the same conclusion and decided to be more specific.

Anyway, why is it people need to tell the world they support a certain company, product or lifestyle? I don't know. I guess it's because they are so concerned with finding their own niche, their own label to prevent them from going insane of trying to figure out where they fit into the scheme of things.

The same goes for what Mr. White is saying. Why do people post insignificant comments on Facebook or Twitter? They just need the attention. I'm just really glad you're able to hide status updates or I would get rid of my account altogether.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. White
You bring up an interesting point, Mr. Black and I think you're right about people trying to find their place in life. What's funny about this is that in the pursuit of individuality people are actually making themselves less unique. I've heard so many people justify getting a tattoo because they felt it expressed their individuality. I guarantee you, you are not the only one with a dolphin on your ankle. You are not the only one with fake balls hanging from your truck. You are not the only one to express your undying love for ipoop on your car. But please. please by all means, keep it up. You inspire this blog.


No comments: