Monday, September 20, 2010

"Ok, Who Brought The Dog"?: Rick Moranis

Mr. White
I was at ain't it cool the other day reading an article about plans for the next Ghost Busters movie. I thought to myself, man I really miss Rick Moranis, where the hell is that guy?

Well apparently he went into retirement but may be making an appearance in the above mentioned film if it ever gets going. I gotta say that I was happy to hear about that.

Some of you may remember Moranis from the canadian comedy show SCTV alongside comic greats such as Eugene Levy, John Candy, Martin Short and Catherine O'hara.

I've never been a huge Rick Moranis fan but I've always enjoyed his brand of humor.

It's hard not to like the guy even if you don't think he's all that great an actor (which I do). He oozes with geekness in a natural and funny way. It cracks me up every time I hear the "Ok, who brought the dog" line.



And then there's Space Balls, another favorite of mine. Here we see Moranis sporting the over-sized black penis head as Dark Helmet. This movie has one of the best lines in cinema history.



Now of course I'm only highlighting a couple of films here but those two are my favorite.

If you're interested in learning about other Rick Moranis movies then check out this list at IMDB.

No comments: